Sandstrom Dry Film Lubricant Coatings
Sandstrom is a privately held coatings manufacturer established in 1946. Originally a paint manufacturer, the company later became involved in the development and manufacturing of various industrial coatings and new types of dry film lubricants.
Over the years, Sandstrom Coating Technologies has become well recognized for its ability to develop and manufacture quality coatings for use in aerospace, automotive, agriculture, weapons and various OEM applications.
When performance matters, Sandstrom is the coating trusted by more engineers for superior lubrication and corrosion protection.
Sandstrom Coating Technologies provides QPL lubricants for all of your MIL-SPEC and Aerospace requirements. We offer the latest technology in waterborne and lead-free products.
Sandstrom also has commercial dry film lubricants to fit a variety of performance needs.
Learn More About Sandstrom Coating Technologies
Dry film lubricant coatings are used to reduce friction, galling, and wear between two contacting surfaces where “wet” lubricants, such as fluids, oil, or grease, are impractical.
When you choose Sun Coating to apply your dry film lubricants you are assured the highest quality standards in North America. We maintain a ISO 9001:2015 certification. From prototypes to higher production volumes, we can accommodate your needs.
Sandstrom Coating Products prevent corrosion, galling, seizing, or fretting. They are high load-carrying coatings that offer a cleaner operating environment. Unlike liquid lubricants, dry film lubricant coatings will not degrade, transfer to adjacent surfaces, or acquire airborne debris or dust. Sandstrom resin-bonded dry film lubricants will remain intact for continuous, reliable use. They adhere to a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys and pretreatments and can be applied by spray, dip-spin, or brush.
What Are Sandstrom Coatings Used For?
Sandstrom Coating Technologies can be used in a variety of industries and market segments including:
- Defense and AerospaceSandstrom Coating Technologies provides QPL (The Qualified Products List) dry film lubricants for all of your MIL-SPEC and Aerospace requirements. For the motion of all types: rotational, oscillating, linear, and reciprocating, Sandstrom dry film lubricants reduce friction (static and dynamic) and protect from extreme pressure and wear in cryogenic temperatures to extreme heat.
- IndustrialReduce friction, wear, and corrosion. Improve performance and efficiency of bearing surfaces, drives, fasteners, critical hardware, and so much more.
- AutomotiveSandstrom coating product’s automotive history includes partnering with automotive suppliers to provide formulations for gasket coatings, corrosion inhibition in a starter assembly, and friction reduction on gas engine pistons. Sandstorm dry film lubricants are used extensively in the automotive industry. Their performance products suppress noise, squeak, and rattle, protect from wear and corrosion, and remove frictional heat.
- Agriculture & ConstructionDry film lubricant coatings from Sandstrom include custom-formulated solutions for agricultural machinery, construction vehicles, and equipment in the most demanding environments. Their thin films protect from corrosion, reduce friction and wear, in boundary lubricating conditions.
- WeaponsSandstrom Coating Technologies inhibit corrosion and lower the coefficient of friction on a variety of components―exterior surfaces including magazines and upper and lower receivers. For sixty years they have been a trusted name with the U.S. Army.
- OEM ApplicationsSandstrom Coating Technologies provides unique, performance-driven solutions for friction, wear, and corrosion through dry film lubricants. For technical assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Sun Coating Company takes all questions, provides quotes. Let us help you with all of your coating requirements. For more information on sandstorm mil-spec coatings and other coatings, contact us today.