Reduce Noise & Friction With Molykote Coatings
High-performance Molykote® specialty lubricants from DuPont help reduce friction and wear, extend lubrication time and reduce maintenance and replacement costs in applications that would defeat conventional oils and greases.
Formulated to withstand the rigors of heavy loads, dirty, dusty or chemically harsh environments, and temperature and speed extremes, Molykote® lubricants are also ideal for normal service lubrication.
Molykote® are paint-like products. They contain, instead of a coloring pigment, sub-micron sized particles of solid lubricants dispersed through careful selected resin blends and solvents.
Important for the lubricating and corrosion protection properties are the choice of the right raw materials and the volume concentration of the lubricant content. In addition to greases and oils (or where possible, as replacement of those hydrodynamic lubricants) Molykote® Anti-Friction Coatings form a slippery film, which covers all surface roughness and thus protects against metal to metal friction even under extreme loads.
Molykote® is applied by conventional coating techniques: spray, dip/spin, dip and drain, tumbling, and silk screening. The periods for these coating to dry and cure are between 3 minutes air drying and 60 minutes for oven curing.
To learn more about the Molykote® Anti-Friction Coatings by DuPont, please click here.
Molykote industrial coatings are high-performance, maintenance-free dry film lubricants designed to protect metal-on-metal and metal-to-plastic pairings, when oil or grease, risk of soiling, is undesirable.
Reduce Noise, Wear, and Friction with Molykote Coatings
In situations of high-stress friction and wear, excessive noise, Molykote Industrial coatings offer superior performance under myriad combinations of load, speed, and motion type, providing noise reduction and squeak reduction. In extreme heat or cold, they are resistant to fuels, oils, moisture, degradation, dust, oxidation, and corrosion.
- Industries Molykote Is Found● Automotive and Transportation
● Industrial and Manufacturing
● Energy (Oil, Gas, Wind, Solar, and Nuclear)
- Extend Performance Life with MolykoteMolykote Industrial Coatings offer anti-friction and anti-galling to extend the life of parts.
Whether a safety belt component, transmission part, brake pad, piston skirts, door lock, magnetic armature, gear, hinge, sleeve, bearing, cam, spline, metal forming, servo mechanism, threaded connection, fastener, or more―Molykote industrial coatings offer lubricating solutions to moving parts for any design need.
What Are the Benefits of Molykote Coatings?
- Noise-ReducingDampen noise-producing vibration associated with high friction and wear. Suppress undesirable squeaking relating to “stick-slip” movements. Molykote Industrial Coatings dry lubricate in the most demanding environments.
- Anti-Friction Molykote dry film lubricants protect dynamic surfaces from friction and wear, prevent fretting corrosion, improve the overall system or product performance.
- Extend Performance-LifeMolykote industrial coatings offer permanent dry film lubrication for both metal and plastic, moving parts requiring maintenance-free solutions to unwanted friction, noise, wear, and corrosion. From cryogenic to high temperature, under vacuum and near radiation, Molykote is designed to perform and protect.
- Anti-Galling / Anti-Seizure Molykote dry film lubricants are anti-galling and prevent adhesive wear, one of the more frequently encountered types of wear, which can include: sliding, galling, scoring, scuffing, and oxidative.
● Lower Coefficient of Friction (Static/Dynamic)
● Reduce Wear
● Stop Squeaking
● Dampen Noise-Producing Vibration
● Protect from Corrosion
Extend Lubrication Time With Molykote Coatings
Molykote Industrial Coatings are designed to go beyond noise reduction, squeak reduction, and low friction. With Molykote dry film lubricants and Molykote Industrial Coatings, Sun Coating Co. offers extended life on products, ensuring squeak reduction, low friction, and much more. To learn more about Molykote Industrial Coatings or other coatings like dry film lubricant coating or industrial non-stick coatings, contact our professionals today.