Our Dry & Solid Film Lubricants Meet Most Requirements
Sun Coating Company applies dry film and solid film lubricants to meet most automotive, MIL-SPEC and aerospace requirements.
Sun Coating has the capabilities to coat very large parts, to the smallest of components. We can handle your coating needs for prototypes through full production. Advanced formula coatings are being tested and evaluated every day for a number of potential applications.
Quality: Certified to ISO-9001:2105
We apply dry film lubricant coatings qualified to military and aerospace specifications, as well as global OEM car and light-duty truck platforms. We maintain the highest quality standards and are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Dry film lubricant coatings (also known as solid film lubricants) can be applied by spray or “dip-spin”. We have the capability of coating complex and recessed surfaces, prototypes to production-scale quantities. These special-formulated dispersions of solid lubricants incorporate PTFE, graphite, and molybdenum disulfide, also in different combinations, to protect surfaces from corrosion, wear, and friction.
Types of Dry & Solid Film Lubricant Coatings:
ECL: Friction Fighter®
Coating Specifications: All types of automotive, MIL-SPEC, and aerospace
AS5272C Type II – Formerly MIL-L 46010 Type II,
AS5272C Type III – MIL-PRF-46010G – Formerly MIL-L-46010 Type III
AS5272C Type I – Formerly MIL-L-46010 Type I & MIL-L8937
NAVWEPS OD 10362
Prevent Galling and Fretting
Benefits of Using Dry Film Lubricant Coating
In the harshest mechanical environments, dry film lubricants bring many benefits, including:
- Noise reduction coatingSuppress unwanted noise, squeak, or rattle between two rubbing surfaces metal or plastic by overcoming excessive friction and the “stick-slip” phenomenon.
- Abrasion resistance coatingReduce wear between two contacting surfaces, extend performance-life through dry lubrication, lower friction.
- Low friction coatingDry film lubricant coatings will lower the coefficient of friction of your design (static/dynamic), reduce force relating to speed and load, and allow more consistent motion.
- High-temperature tolerance coatingDry film lubricants work at elevated temperatures, making them safer than using wet lubricant oils or grease.
- Reduce fretting and galling coatingExtend service life, protect from wear and corrosion-fretting associated with vibration or other repeated relative motion. Reduce galling (adhesive wear) between sliding surfaces often like materials.
- Corrosion resistance coatingDry film lubricant coatings also help protect against corrosion and resist many solvents, chemicals, and fluids.
Dry (Solid) Film Lubricants Meet Many Requirements
Dry film lubricant coatings, when properly cured resist wear, have a high load-carrying capability, protect from chemicals and corrosion, are serviceable from cryogenic temperatures to extreme heat.
- Why Use Dry (Solid) Film Lubricants?● Operate in corrosive atmospheres.
● Use where load-bearing pressures exceed oil or grease.
● Cleaner environments. Dry film lubricants coating will not pick up dirt or debris.
● Use in highly stressed sliding, high or low speed, oscillating movements, highly stressed friction, high load-bearing capacity.
- Alloy CompatibilityDry film lubricants are compatible with / adhere to both non-ferrous and ferrous metals. Design specifications may require a specific alloy, heat treat, or surface pretreatment.
- Working Temperature RangeFrom cryogenic to extreme heat, physical properties will vary with product dry lubricant(s) and a high-performance polymer binder.
- Surface Pretreat Requirements for Base MetalsProper pretreatments ensure adherence for long-term performance and may be governed by automotive specifications, military coating specifications, or aerospace specifications from the end-user.
- MaskingMasking requirements (coating voids) should be identified in your drawing.
Types of Dry Film / Solid Film Lubricant Coatings (MoS2, PTFE, Graphite)
Call us today to see how dry film lubricant coatings may improve your design or manufacturing process. For a prompt quote to your specification―from prototypes to high volume production needs―we offer a variety of application techniques to assure total customer satisfaction―quality service at an economical price.
- Types:● DuPont Molykote®
● Sandstrom® Products
● ECL Friction Fighter®
● Chemours Teflon® PTFE
● Chemours Teflon®-S
● PPG -Whitford Xylan®